Re: Error connecting to MySQL Database

Michael Hollmann,

We tried deleting all the keys (some LEGACY-MYSQL would not delete no matter what we tried), deinstalling, trying to delete the keys that wouldn't delete before again, and reinstalling.

Same error.

We can run it using "mysqld --console", and it SAYS it's installed as a service, but it won't run. We've tried searching through the registry for all mysql instances and making sure the path is correct. Still no go.

Other items that might help... PHP was installed on this machine before (3.23.48, I think), but we removed all traces of it before installing PHP4. We are also trying to install it on our D: drive, rather than our C: drive.

Shadow,

What do you mean try it from root? And if I want to uninstall the driver, what file is that exactly? Thanks!