Form not posting with to many characters

I am having difficulty tracking this error in our script. If we post a form and the description field has more than 111 characters in it, the script will hang and eventually time out. If I remove some text down to 110 characters it post fine. Has anyone come across this issue and found a solution to it. I can't figure this thing out. I am running PHP version 4.3.2 on IIS 5.0 Win2k. All my PHP forms seem to have this issue that have text areas for text.
Thanks
Tim Pesanka
Data Systems