ADSI - PHP

Hello,

   I am an ASP developer, however, I want to throw ASP out the window, where
I can use PHP due to its portability. I am currently trying to create a web
app which utilizes ADSI, however, I can not seem to find any good intro
articles which explain how to go about using ADSI with PHP. I have seen the
COM support functions for windows, however, it seems to me that there is
little advantage to using PHP over ASP. If I am correct, even if I use PHP,
this app will still require the Win32 platform, correct? Why not use ASP
then? I hear some say that they feel PHP is faster and more stable than ASP,
however, what is the increase? Is this only notable on paper through
statistics, or is the performance gain notable by the human patience level?

  Anyone know of some good places to learn ADSI and PHP? How about some good
PHP articles for newbies in general...

Thanks alot!

- Jeremy
 Pc Technics, Inc.