PHP Connection to OLAP

Hi,

I am fairly new to PHP and so far it has been above my expectations. A
co-worker and I are trying to implement MSSQL Analysis Manager. We have
begun building data cubes but I have not been able to find any
documentation on how to connect to the cubes using MDX. Should I be able
to connect in the same fashion we connect to SQL tables and stored
procedures? If you can send some resources or info my way it would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Blake Skullerud
Information Analyst