timeout question

I have a PHP page that for some reason is taking an ungodly long time to
execute.  I suspect that this is simply b/c I?m running Apache 1.3 /
MySQL 4.013-nt, PHP 4, Zend studio 3.0, and MySQL GUI on a 266 MhZ win2K
server.  (Yes people, I know I?m choking the poor thing, but I can?t
afford a new server right now.)

My question to the group is:

Does anyone know how I can increase my timeouts on page generation?
Halfway through the rowset, the page stops generating and returns to the
browser cut off at whatever point the server (apache, PHP or MySQL, I
dunno which) gave up and decided the page was taking too long.  It seems
to be a 90 second html response timeout imbedded somewhere in my
configuration, but I have no idea where to look to change this value to
unlimited, or maybe to 600 seconds or something more reasonable for the
hideous rowsets that my project is dealing with.

I don?t know if this is a PHP question, but I?m trying PHP, Apache, and
MySQL in case there is a cursor timeout or something?

Anyone feel like sharing some nifty tricks to help me tweak my
performance?  I don?t care if the page takes 10 hours to generate, I?m
on a local secure network and I want my connections open that long.
(I?d also like to know if there?s any tricks to not using cursors and
so I don?t have to hit the db every time I want to re-use a loaded
rowset.  But let?s get my pages to finish generating first.

:-)

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Dave Coleman
Software Engineer