From: Roderick Martin
To: php-windows@lists.php.net
Sent: 10/3/2003 9:22 PM
Subject:  MySQL security hole - how to fix??

According to this article, there is a major security leak in all
versions of MySQL...

The article provides a link to a patch, but I find two things
confusing...

1. All the patches on that page are ancient. Why wouldn't these patches
have been incorporated into MySQL by now, or is the article incorrect.

2. I can't tell which of the patches I need to fix MySQL running on
Windows 2000 under IIS.

Can someone more knowledgeable than I shed some light on these?

Thanks!