RE: Matching arrays to build tables

I am not sure I understand your problem or what it consist
of, but maybe you might like to do it like this then:

SELECT day, SUM(amount) AS amount_sum, DISTINCT(code) AS code
FROM <some tables>
WHERE <some conditions are true>
GROUP BY day, amount_sum, code
ORDER BY code, day

Displaying this result set should not be much of
a problem. In pseudo code it might look like this:

WHILE (not_end_of_result_set) {

  @Itter = 0;
  WHILE (still_a_certain_code_type && @Itter < 15) {

    @Itter++;

    IF ($day_number == $Itter ) {
        Display_Sum_and_Code_in_HTML_Table();
    }
    ELSE {
    // Skips this block if you don't want to display "empty" days
        Display_Empty_Day_in_HTML_Table();
    }

  } // WHILE inner
} // WHILE outter

Or you can just make this a function and call
it for each code type... or whatever....