Looping problem

I'm looping through a file, parsing each line of text.  I have a global array that i append each line to.  When my criteria is met.  I mark that line.  This line will begin an array that I will later write out.  After writing out the array I zap it and reuse it for the next time my criteria is met.  The problem I'm having is the first time my criteria is met, I don't want to write out the array, only the subsequent times my criteria is met; do I want to write out the array.  Any suggestions?

----------------------

function parse_qnas($string, $path, $start_flag )
{
	global $aNEW;

	$Pat1 = "Q";
	$Pat2 = "?";
	$aTmp	= array();

	$ret1		= gsr_match_case_sensitive($string, $Pat1);
	$ret2		= gsr_match($string, $Pat2);

	if( $ret1 && $ret2 )
	{
		if( $start_flag == false )
		{
			echo "<P>First QnA found! Don't write array!";
			$start_flag = true;
		}

		if( $start_flag == true )
		{
			echo "<P>Second QnA found! Write array!";
			write_array( $aNEW );
			$aNEW = zero_array( $aNEW );
		}
	}