RE: Automatic load .php page

The header option works well for me, but Mike is right about not starting a
session.  This means the action of your authentication code must effectively
redirect to the correct page.  For mine, I use one of 4 different usertypes,
the designation of which is created upon registration.  So, once the user
logs in, the login.php file will first query the database to a.) make sure
there is in fact a user there, and b.) find out what usertype they are.
>From there, sending them to the right page is pretty straight forward:

// Code begins here //

$num_rows = mysql_num_rows ($result);  //$result being the aforementioned
query
if ($num_rows == "") {
	header ("location: invalid.html"); }
	else {
		while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
		$a = $row["account_type"];
		$b = $row["username"];
			}
		}
	if ($a ==  "user type 1") {
			header ("location: page1.php?username=$b");
 			} else if ($a == "user type 2") {
				header ("location: page2.php?username=$b");
			} else if ($a == "user type 3") {
				header ("location: page3.php?username=$b");
 	 		} else if ($a == "user type 4") {
				header ("location: page4.php?username=$b");
			} else {header ("location: invalid.html");
			}

// Code Ends here //

Ryan Vesely
Sales Engineer
Pinnacor
685 Market Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94105
tel	  	 415.369.4762
fax	  	 415.512.2085

www.pinnacor.com <http://www.pinnacor.com/>

The preceding e-mail message contains privileged, confidential information.
Intended conveyance is only to designated and named recipient(s). If you
feel that you may have received this message in error or if you are not the
named recipient, please notify Pinnacor at once at the sender's email
address, or call 212.691.7900. Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution
or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.