AW: php, excel - release problem

Hi,
use of excel constants is facilitated by php.ini setting
com.autoregister_typelibs on
This is better than explicitly loading typelibs because you won't
get rid of an explicitly loaded typelib anymore. As with the
stickyness of excel: Yes, it has been an issue in earlier releases
but AFAIK PHP 4.3 drops it correctly. I use $excel->Application->Quit(),
$excel->Release() and $excel = null;
However I recommend using register_shutdown_function() to make
sure Quit() and Release() are called even if the script does not run
thru.
Last hint: when developing a script using COM set error_reporting to
E_ALL and activate logging; check the logs because most of COMs
complaints (Wrong usage of COM objects) are just classified as warnings
by PHP. You only get an error if COM itself fails which is very much
unlikely as WIN itself is heavily relying on it.

Happy hacking
--
Sven