shmop & windows

anyone played with shmop on windows?

in particular, i'm looking to create a persistent store where I can
serialize large chunks of data (well, "large" meaning 64-128Mb) and stick it
into memory. Maybe there's even an in-memory caching class out there.

I've currently got a class for caching serialized chunks in db (mysql), but
the core set of application fw objects are large and if there's not need to
go to disk i/o all the better.

Anybody tried this b4 in php?