Re: PHP -> ODBC -> Remote Access

Yeah that was what I was expecting to hear.

We are using MySQL ofcause (remote), but the boss wanted to have our PHP
app. (remote) to speak to some old crappy Windows app. (local) which could
use Access if requested of it, and otherwise some DB that dosn't even have
ODBC-drivers.
As i saw it, only stuff like SQL Server running some Access DB could handle
the task and that is out of the question.

I thought the idea was way out of date, almost before it was even made
suggested aka I thoght the idea was a joke.

Thanks for the reply :o)

/Aida

"Hubo" <hubo236@hotmail.com> wrote in message
bjshb8$rcg$1@sea.gmane.org">news:bjshb8$rcg$1@sea.gmane.org...
> There is no way to access a remote MS-Access Database over the internet.
Try