[PHP-WIN] RegExing

I'm new to Reg Exing and I'm in a bind trying to learn it quickly enough
to finish a component I'm working on.

Basically I have converted a Word Doc to a text string, now I want to
remove all "noise" words which I'm storing in an array.  In addition, I
want to remove all duplicates in the array so I only have one occurance of
the "keywords."  I will then store these in SQL Server to be searched on.

Can someone point me to some help on how to use RegEx to perform the
aformentioned tasks?  I checked out the manual but I didn't find anything
on how to do what i was looking to do.

Thanks in advance,
Ron