Switch desktops - game dies

Wine 1.3.30

When I switch from the desktop WOW is on to another one, then switch back, I can't bring the game back up. I have to close the icon in the tray and restart the game. I think there's a config solution for this, but I can't remember what it is. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.