Re: Error when launching Windows app

On 05/17/2011 03:01 AM, Donovan wrote:
I am new to Wine and Linux so this may be something simple that I am just not doing right, when I try launch an application through the Wine folder browser it just fails straight away and shows a message saying "error"

If you have not done so yet, look up the application in the appdb and see if there are any known issues, work arounds, or special set up instructions there that may help to fix or identify the problem. If you can't get it working after that or it is not in the appdb try running it from command line instead of the file browser, sometimes that will give you more helpful error messages.

If you need to repost here for help be sure to include the name of the application, what version of wine you are using, what video card and driver version you have, everything you have already tried to make it work, and any error messages you got from the command line. More information makes it easier for people see where the problem might be and how to fix it.