Re: Assistance Please.

On 4/3/11 7:03 PM, A Nonny Moose wrote:
wine 1.3.17 UBUNTU 10.10

err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find '{PCM,Line} Playback Volume' element

I have loaded just about every part of ALSA that I can find in the distro.  Do I have something missing?  I do have the PCM daemon turned off, as PCM gets the blame for losing sound in my app.  (SimCity 4, build 640)

Sound works fine, so is this a bogus error of some sort?

I've been getting this message on all versions of wine from 1.2 to date.
A Nonny:

Check winecfg and see if ALSA for some reason has been turned off.

James McKenzie