Re: graphics freeze when one program is calling another program

snejjj wrote:
> I know that WINE itself cannot crash the entire system as it's a userspace-program, but could it be that WINE passes some bad code/call along to the graphics-system which then crashes?

With same logic Windows would run for no longer then 5 sec before crashing/rebooting, as 95% of all windows programs are buggy (other 5% will take a bit longer then 5 sec to crash).

Same applies to any other O/S running buggy software. The driver should check for any invalid input and return error instead of performing illegal operations inside kernel space and killing the system.