Re: _INS5176._MP

On 2/5/11 11:57 AM, pod25music wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
On 2/5/11 10:31 AM, pod25music wrote:

To save me searching. What is the code needed to create a log file before the installer starts ?

I use the following code:

wine<installer.exe>  >  <name of logging file.txt>  2>&1

Where<installer.exe>  is the program name for installing the program
and<name of logging file.txt>  is the name, including path, for the file
to output log information to.

Since I am on a Mac, an example would not be appropriate.

James McKenzie

I used:

3630:~/BassBox$ wine SETUP.EXE&>  log.txt
Is this where the setup program resides? Did you copy it from media or download the program. This will NOT capture any errors generated by wine. Please see my previous post on how to use the command to create a logging file.

And the output is the file you have seen.

And it is missing all of the error/warning/fixme messages generated by Wine which are sent to the error pipe. You are only capturing what appears normally as text on the screen. Both outputs are needed for troubleshooting.

James McKenzie