Wine networking problem

Hello,
I am trying to get my day-trading application (schwab street smart pro) to run in wine and seem to have gotten further than most who have tried. I have gotten the program to run, but the networking isn't working. The application isn't able to connect back to its trade server. The faq said to update my /etc/hosts. I did this and it didn't work. I ran wireshark while trying to connect to the server and I saw the DNS request (ipv4) coming from wine. My local dns server responded with the correct ipv4 address, but then I saw another request for the ipv6 address of the same domain. The dns server responded "no such name". I am wondering if there is some way in wine to disable all ipv6 networking. Also, if anyone has further troubleshooting suggestions, they would be much appreciated. Thanks.