.CAT catalog file hash problems in CryptCATOpen()

Hi,

I'm trying to use Wine, but having problems with .CAT catalog files.

I've copied a DLL and the matching CAT file from Windows into Wine. I'm seeing the CAT in CryptCATOpen(), but for some reason it never finds the matching hash.

Does anyone have any hints on how to see a successful CAT signature verification in action on Wine so I can compare? More generally, any CAT-centric debugging techniques to recommend?

This may be related to this unanswered question:
Running MS's "Signtool" app from Wine
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2010-October/080001.html

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Lee