Re: The perils of GMAX

UBUNTU 10.10 AMD64 Latest updates with recompile wine 3.1.7 after an ia32.lib upgrade.

Returning to looking at GMAX.

As things stand now, when you try to open the materials navigator the program posts an error, allows you to do a save, and quits.

>From a testing point of view, this may be better than the previous behavior when the ME opened but could not access its file system tree in the dialogue box.  This last condition existed on 1.3.3, and I wonder if it is worth doing a regression test to find the point at which all this changed?

Here is the current log:

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x259e568,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x63323950 0x633233e8 0x63300000)
fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0xd8e000, 0x0) stub
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: ""
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: ""
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "C:\\gmax\\Sounds\\"
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "C:\\gmax\\Sounds\\"
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "C:\\gmax\\Scenes\\"
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "C:\\gmax\\Scenes\\"
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:storage:PropertyStorage_WritePropertyToStream unsupported type: 4126
fixme:storage:PropertyStorage_WritePropertyToStream unsupported type: 4126
err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!

In the past I never got the err:mmio lines, I don't think.  the last line I have seen before.  There do not appear to be the OLE errors we saw previously.

It has been a while since I did any of this testing.  If you happen to see a winetricks I missed, let me know, and I'll try it again.