Re: Compiling Wine with opengl support

On 10/31/10 9:02 AM, Charles Davis wrote:
On 10/31/10 9:55 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
On 10/31/10 8:43 AM, Peter7K wrote:
Hi all. After upgrading to Maverick 10.10, and additionally using
Nvidia beta drivers, it appears that my wine will not compile with
opengl. I'm assuming it's a library issue, and I have this error in my
config.log:

wine
libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:
No such file or directory

Are you on a Mac?
Why does that matter?
The error message points to a missing file on the Mac and should not appear on a Linux based system.
This looks like a issue that needs to be resolved when running Linux on
a Mac and building Wine.
No. That message is because Wine tries very hard to support OpenGL on
Mac OS X. It's harmless on other OSes. The OP's problem lies elsewhere.
I did not want to 'assume' this.  That leads to improper directions.

If the OP is indeed running on a Mac, we need to modify the dylib check so that it is bypassed when running Linux on one (I know of a lengthy thread on the Fedora Users list where someone is trying to install FC13 on a Mac with the proprietary nVidia drivers and is running into issues.)

@Peter7K: Look further in the config.log file. There must be some reason
Wine couldn't find/use your libGL. I'll bet it has something to do with
the fact that you installed Mesa on top of the nVidia driver's libGL. In
that case, you should probably reinstall the video driver.

I agree with a driver re-install. it is possible that incorrect drivers were installed on a Linux installation on a regular PC type system. I did not want to recommend this until I was certain that the problem is not a broken system detection script.

James McKenzie