Re: ISO as CDROM

James McKenzie wrote:
lvleph wrote:
Yes, everything is installed fine. The issue comes from trying to add a language. Like I said previously, on a computer with an actual cdrom I can mount the ISO at /media/cdrom and everything works. The issue seems to stem from not having a physical CDROM at all.

Hmmm. This is most interesting as mounting a .iso file should not cause this problem. I'll have to try this and see what happens. Since I'm using a Mac the results may be different,

James McKenzie

Sorry for the short reply, but I hit the 'send' button way to early.

What I did was mount a .iso from CentOS and then used autodetect. It was then listed as drive Q: I opened a command session using wine wineconsole cmd and then did a dir, dir /x, dir /q and finally dir /a (there is a hidden .diskinfo file on the image). All displayed correctly. I don't want to install CentOS onto my Mac (it won't work anyway) so I'm now at a loss as to what could be causing the problem here. The .iso file is mounted ro however.

James McKenzie