Re: How to use the wineprefix with another wine-path

abb4 wrote:
abb4 wrote:
Gert van den Berg wrote:
On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 18:21, abb4 <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What does it matter if one builds there own Wine or buys one,
same issue applies (if you would like to install this separately from the main Wine), it's all Wine..

I thought the prefixes worked (and assumed the user knows how
environment variables worked...) but that the DIB engine was not
working in the prefix...

Gert
It does work here
code:
[env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-ap52; cd $HOME/.wine-ap52/drive_c/'Program Files'/AlbumPlayer; /opt/bordeaux/bin/wine AlbumPlayer.exe]

After all I found the DIB engine doesn't work in the prefix.
This would have to be copied from the working .wine to the new prefix and then repointed to work with the new prefix. This is not trivial.

James McKenzie