Re: Microsoft Messenger (Why?)

Em 12-08-2010 23:06, James McKenzie escreveu:
Since Messenger is a Windows product, I NEVER expect it to work in Wine
with a webcam.

Try some of the Linux alternates to this very broken product.

BTW, there is a nice tutorial in Wine's Applications Database on how to
get this program to work, minus webcam,

James McKenzie

The problem is that Microsoft sometimes changes the Messenger protocols, thus breaking the Linux alternatives.

I have to keep a Windows VM around for when I need to use a webcam or audio/video in MSN (rare fortunately, most of my contacts already use Skype).

Renan