Re: Font issue in Half-Life 2 via Wine 1.3.0

Aaron wrote:
On 08/08/10 15:02, r2rX wrote:
Damn. I've been updated to the latest kernel and removed the prior ones. Now, Cat 10.5 + 10.6 don't initialize properly....only the 10.7's work. Honestly, this is not worth the pain in the ass due to ATi.

Aaron, how've you been testing the prior drivers?

r2rX  :)

I am unsure what distribution of Linux you are running, so take these instructions with a truck of salt:

1. Un-install the current driver and reboot machine.
2. Assuming that you have already downloaded the 10.5 drivers. Open a terminal and cd to where its saved. 3. Assuming that you are running Ubuntu 10.04, run the following commands: sudo sh ./ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/lucid
        sudo dpkg -i *.deb
        sudo aticonfig --initial --force
4. Reboot machine.

ATI 10.5 (Wine 1.2) = No issue
ATI 10.6 (Wine 1.2) = Missing text
ATI 10.7 (Wine 1.2) = Missing text

I'm wondering if a driver problem might be affecting World of Warcraft. Does anyone with problems using Catalyst 10.7 with WoW can confirm that this downgrade of drivers corrects problems with this game?

Thank you.

James McKenzie