Re: Hi + question.

bigseb wrote:
dimesio wrote:
bigseb wrote:
I never really bothered with Wine but the other day I thought why not try it and installed Alibre Design V12.1. It seemed to install ok but won't start. My question is: Why won't it run? I'm trying understand how functionality behind it in the sense that perhaps there are settings one can tweak.

We need more information. What version of Wine? If it's older than 1.2, upgrade. If it doesn't work in 1.2 or later, run it from a terminal and post whatever messages appear. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

Here is the terminal output:

sebastian@sebastian-laptop:~$ wine start 'C:\Program%Files\Alibre%Design\Program\Alibre%Design.exe'
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: Path not found

Wine was installed justa few days ago via synaptic. It said it was version 1.2 but I can't the documentation...
In Linux a spact is not marked using %20 but rather a backslash followed by a space '\ '. However, to start a program in Wine it is best to use:

[code]

cd $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Alibre\ Design\Program
wine 'Alibre Design.exe'

[/code]

If you want a logging file (highly recommended)

[code]

wine 'Alibre Design.exe' > design.log 2>&1

[/code]

All of the above is explained in the Wine FAQ at

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

James McKenzie