Re: Silent Hunter 4 1.5 on MacOS X/Wine 1.2-rc2

doh123 wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
doh123 wrote:

make sure your running in a virtual desktop... X11 sucks on Macs.

doh123:

Then create a Quartz interface!

Actually, I just installed Snow Leopard and am looking forward to installing XQuartz.

The major 'brokenness' of Apple/XQuartz X11 is the lack of xrandr support, which is badly needed for full screen program support. I think this is one of the items implemented by CodeWeavers, but I have not looked 'under the hood' nor do I want the troubles that would result. I like being on their good side and lawyers and handcuffs are just not on this month's to-do list (for those who do not know, I don't want to be hauled into court nor arrested for messing with CodeWeaver's project code.)

However, if they have implemented this feature, it would be nice to feed the code back to the XQuartz project.

James McKenzie

they have, but its not a full implementation.. basically it only works right with cxwine... and they use a very old x.org base....

I would love to write a quartz driver... no clue where to start... I'm not that advanced of a programmer just yet.

This has been a topic of much discussion (mostly my mouthings off) on the devel list.

However, X11 really needs to be fixed on the MacIntosh platform and Wine needs an Aqua interface. Hopefully the breakthrough with the construction of a DIB engine will happen soon...

James McKenzie