Call of Duty 4 Problems...

1. When I open cod4, it looks like this:
[Image: http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8997/screenshoteg.png ]
2. There is no sound, even if any of the sound drivers are enabled (currently enabled is OSS driver. I checked the sound when selecting the drivers by clicking on 'Test Sound' but it gave me an error message about the sound not working.

Any ideas on how to fix (either of) these problems?[/url]