Re: No MIDI devices in wine

Am 01.01.2010 19:52, schrieb DaVince:
Try opening the sound tab in winecfg. It'll create a ALSA-based
default configuration for you, which might automatically find the
right MIDI channels.

If it doesn't, try using a soft synth solution like timidity or
qsynth. I think these automatically pick up on MIDI-supporting sound
cards, too, plus extra MIDI channels that will definitely be detected
by Wine will be exposed.

In winecfg's sound tab, there is no ALSA entry at all, perhaps that is part of the problem (I get sound in Wine through Pulseaudio). And using a soft synth doesn't help, because I want to address the MIDI hardware of my soundcard.
But thanks anyway.
Klaus