Re: MCI Avi Video Playback Problem

dimesio wrote:
> It needs native msvfw32.dll.

I copied the dll from my existing Windows installation and did a library overwrite (native,builtin). Now it crashes with

Code:
err:thunk:_loadthunk (MSVIDEO.DLL, ls_ThunkData16, MSVFW32.DLL): Unable to load 'MSVIDEO.DLL', error 2

Even if I copy MSVIDEO.DLL, too (and overwrite), the result remains the same.

>From your answer it seems to me that it may be possible to get SubCreator work? This would be so great, since it is a great little program I'd like to continue using with Linux.

So if anybody could help (I have a Windows installation for original files, if necessary), pleeeaase.

dimesio wrote:
> I noticed that the app can also use the Windows Media Player engine, so you could try installing that with winetricks and see if that works better.

I'd really like not to install the Media Player for this.