Re: Unable to compile wine on WinXP with Cygwin

2009/12/26 Alex <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm trying to compile wine on XP with cygwin but make fails :
> Note that I installed cygwin with gcc, gdb, automake, make, git, flex and bison.
> Ran "./configure --without-freetype", "make depend" and finally "make"
> I hope it's not my fault, otherwise forgive me and tell me what to do.

Basically, compiling on Cygwin doesn't work yet :-)

http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOnWindows

Please do report bugs with latest Cygwin and latest Wine from git, and
solve if possible.

There isn't much useful that one can do with Wine on Windows. However,
it is a useful exercise in making Wine more robustly cross-platform
(and not just Linux, Linux and Linux) and making Cygwin better.

- d.