Re: Roll my own RPM?

Man I have looked all over the web.  The best I can find is Mike
Harris' site: http://www.linux.org.uk/~mharris/pub/el/5/i686/

I was hoping of someone that knew of a script that wrapped
around the install and created an RPM for me.  I have to have
to compile it over and over ....

Grab the source RPM (src.rpm files), setup a build environment and install it, then modify the .spec file to your heart's content and rebuild:

  http://www.linux.org.uk/~mharris/pub/el/5/SRPMS/

The rpm.org folks provide a guide:

  http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-build.html

It should be relatively straightforward, but if you hit any roadblocks you might get more help on an RPM-building-specific list/forum. -r