Re: pulseaudio wine

On 08/31/2009 09:26 AM, jorl17 wrote:
Nowadays Wine works flawlessly with pulseaudio and alsa. No need for OSS, pasuspender or anything like
>that.

Just curious, what version of wine are you using that it works flawlessly in? I am hopeful that I may get there at some point. :)

For me, pulse and wine have worked fine together -unless- the program I am using in wine uses a microphone, then I have to uninstall pulse to keep the program stable (in Wine 1.1.23, Fedora 11x86_64).

I do not have to do anything funky to the sound system or take out every reference to wine in my OS, just uninstall the "pulseaudio" package and a few direct dependencies it takes with it. I've left in libraries and plug ins and such for pulse because I wasn't willing to loose the dependencies they were going to take with them.

I would like to be able to leave pulse installed, I use several programs with sound and often have them all running at the same time and pulse keeps it all working when I need to switch between them. But I -have- to have ventrilo stable in wine and able to use the mic, the people I use it with won't switch to a different program.