Will Wine let me load iTunes in Ubuntu 9.04

I am attempting to totally move away from Windows and my main stumbling block is iTunes.  I have been using it to download talking books to an iPod as I was suffering from cateracts.  I had a look at gktpod but it fell well short of my needs.

If I download Wine from the Ubuntu repository will I then be able to download iTunes and obtain the functionality that I require?

Thanking you in anticipation