Re: Sound Acceleration Error

Thunderbird wrote:
Ignore dxdiag. In short the audio code in Wine has a lot of issues for a part
due to Wine bugs and for a bigger due to broken Linux drivers and sound
systems. Even if your sound card supports hardware mixing (only few cards
like Creative ones do that these days), you wouldn't be able to use it
because most likely your Linux distribution uses pulse audio. Really ignore
this, sound is very complicated and still a big mess on Linux.

this goes double for us speech recognition users. at the rate linux audio is progressing, I'm looking at the ugly future of using windows with speech recognition as a platform for Linux development for the rest of my IT life