alsa-utils missing asoundconf in Karmic

Asoundconf has been my preferred method of changing my default card, to use wine outside pulseaudio.
However, Asoundconf has been removed in karmic, in anticipation of the new GNOME volume control + pulse configuration.
Now, if we need asoundconf, we must download alsa-utils from jaunty, and extract asoundconf from that.

For further info see this bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/376024