Re: Steam fails when attempting to install games [64-bit Ubuntu]

I tried running Steam while running Ubuntu in low-graphics mode. Games install properly in low graphics mode. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the interaction between the Nvidia graphics driver and WINE.

Turning off xinerama and reducing the number of displays does not help. I would like to try Steam using the Ubuntu-packaged Nvidia driver, but I cannot figure out how to do this.

This said, I have not attempted to run any games yet.