Re: pcbartist

That just explains how to run  something from the command line, which is one of the things I tried previously.  The PCBArtist starts to unpack itself, tries to do something Wine can't/won't handle and dies.  Doesn't seem to make a difference if I double-click on the executable in the download directory or place the executable in any other directory including the temp directory under .wine/windows/temp or run it directly from the terminal command line.  Same results every time.  I get a "windows installer-installation wrapper" error box almost instantly with a bunch of mumbo jumbo in it that when I try to do what it says, accomplishes nothing.

Maybe somebody who knows more about Linux and Wine and tries to install PCBArtist will know what to do and post here?