Re: utorrent does not start

Don't worry about that message. It doesn't affect how µTorrent uploads or downloads. No need to run root specifically for that.

Also, you should try using µTorrent 1.8.1 instead of 1.6.1. There's a lot of wine-specific code (not to mention changes in how µT works in general) in there to make things work. Also, i *believe* (but dont quote me on this), µT doesn't even try the ICMP ping in 1.8.1 anymore. So you won't need to run as root.

-Zach

I agree, bad idea, but no choice, otherwise it says "Warning RAW TCP will not work unless run as root" and ICMP will not work unless run as root" and in the program it says in the logger window "unable to bind UDP socket"

basically that means without root - no point running utorrent, might as well use a native client for linux