Darkseed 2

Has anyone succeeded in running "Darkseed 2" under Wine? If so, please post any special settings that are required. I have tried running a CD-rip version and Wine asks that I reset my display resolution to 640x480, which I do not want to do. I will purchase the full CD if I can get the CD-rip version to run acceptably.