Re: Civilization 4 fails to start (Wine 1.0-rc5).

2008/6/18 Zarl <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx>:> Well others have gotten this particular piece of software working and> working well, so I'd at least try to get past this road block. Besides, isn't> being able to run things not designed for this OS the entire point of wine?>
Yes, of course that is the point of wine. However, whenever we use astopgap measure such as wine we should let the companies know thatthere is demand for their products under Linux. If we don't let themknow, then we will continue to have to resort to fiddling with wineand the ever-changing Windows API.
Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.ilא-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת;
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?