things I miss in wine

Hi there,

there are many issues in wine and you can work around most of them somehow but there are few that you can not bypass.

Copy Protection:

wine seems to support a few copy protection systems, but not all. No of course you could say that a nocd crack should be used to work around that issue, but what if there is none available? Many games are done for different countries in different versions. It is quite possible that a English crack won't work with a Spain, Greek, German,... version. Not to forget that such a crack is illegal in most countries already. What wold have to be done to get *all* copy protection system working? Starforce for example. Well or fool them enough to satisfy them would be good enough for me ;)

Multiprocessor abilities:

True, that is a recent development. But to say hat games won't use it or that there won't be windows software out there that can't use multiple processor sound a bit ignorant to me.. that's because I know that it is not true. At last for the games sector, there are a growing number of games that are able to use more than one CPU. All unreal3 based games for example will have multi CPU support. Are there plans for wine to change it to let it use more than just one CPU?

bye