Re: Debian updates

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 29 April 2008 11:04:25 pm Jim Hall wrote:
Once again Debian has no updates. Is there any reason for this to
happen?
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Ove Kaaven, the Debian
maintainer of wine, is a volunteer with a life and a job to attend to, as
well as the Debian flightgear/simgear packages to maintain.  Just
Debianwise,
he has a lot to juggle (since both wine and simgear/flightgear are fairly
active), but he is generally fairly timely about keeping it all up to
date.
With all due respect, I understand "volunter", "life", and "job". I was not
trying to be critical, only seeking an explanation. I'm sure you didn't mean
that two releases behind was "timely". Having said that, is there something
I (or anyone) can do to help?

I understand the being busy part too, and so don't blame him or really can complain much, I just wouldn't say making updates every 3 or 4 versions as timely either (since that is normally how often the debian Wine packages are updated). Although, right now, 0.9.60 is in the unstable branch, and 0.9.59 was the version before that, so lately things are good.