Re: Needs an administrator user to install

On 18/03/2008, Antonio López <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> I'm trying to install a scientific app called Bruker TopSpin and during the installation process it asks for the name of an administrator user (<mymachine>\Administrator, by default). However, no matter what I try the app keeps on showing the following message:>>  ...Cannot find the user Administrator (or whoever)>>  And thus the installation process cannot succeed.>>  Any idea to workaround this?>  Thanks>
Antionio, don't forget to write to Bruker and ask if they can make youa .deb file. It might take some effort on their part, but probably notmuch. Make a point that they can make that file available to Ubuntuusers, which is currently the #1 Linux distro. Also, their site shouldspecify on what distros the software is designed to run, as I couldn'tfind that info. It only said Linux.
Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.ilא-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת;
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?