Re: So... what .net 1.1 apps do people have?

David Gerard wrote:
On 15/03/2008, Dan Kegel <dank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now that 'winetricks dotnet11' can run one simple
 .net 1.1 app properly... what other apps are out there
 that need .net 1.1?  How well do they run with Wine
 after you install .net 1.1 using a fresh copy of winetricks?

And another question: what runs on Wine with a genuine MS .NET 1.1
that doesn't work on Wine with Mono?

(And I realise any such discrepancy would likely be a Mono bug rather
than a Wine bug.)

Trying to get Mono to work with Wine is a massive headache for some of us. The program I mentioned uses the Jet engine to talk to an Access like database structure. It requires the use of libgda, which does not exist for the Mac and is a real pain to create for Windows. With the inclusion of .NET 1.1 with Wine, I don't have to use libgda at all, as Jet 4.0 installs without a problem.

James