Re: wine don't handle hard coded resolutions & refresh rates

vitamin wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> As I understand it, Wine uses the xrandr extension to change resolutions.
>
> Or XVidMode if xrandr is disabled via registry. Or virtual desktop mode.
>

> Jim wrote:
>> In the end (I don't remember all the details), I ended up adding a ModeLine to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>

> Right no matter what you use (XRandr, XVidMode or virtual desktop) you still have to have the required resolution(s) configured in xorg.conf
> Wine does not nor will in the future scale picture. It's not a virtual machine - it does not have such a low level control over things.

I think I get it.  So I added the modeline:
Modeline "1024x768@50" 51.85 1024 1056 1248 1280 768 784 791 807

But it still don't work.  Running winedebug gives:
trace:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx width=1024 height=768
bpp=32 freq=50 (XRandR)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found
1024x768x32 @50! (XRandR)

My monitor/xorg can not do 1024x768x32@50, so am I out of luck or what.
  I'm guessing I have to pick up a second monitor. :(

My xorg.conf
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
	Driver		"nvidia"
	Busid		"PCI:1:0:0"
	Option		"AddARGBVisuals"	"True"
	Option		"AddARGBGLXVisuals"	"True"
	Option		"NoLogo"	"True"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"SyncMaster"
	Option		"DPMS"
         Modeline "1024x768@50" 51.85 1024 1056 1248 1280 768 784 791 807
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
	Monitor		"SyncMaster"
	Defaultdepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Modes		"1680x1050"	"1280x1024"	"1280x960" "1024x768@50"