Re: Mailing list <-> forum gateway

Marc wrote:
WineHQ webpage.

For example, in one of the linux forums I have used the last years, when you try to open a new thread, you get a message like this (translating from spanish):

Please check the forum rules before sending a new problem:
-Search in Google before asking.
-Write a descriptive title.
-Write correctly.
-Don't publish your question in more than one forum.
-If you find the solution to your problem send advise of which it was.
-For more information read the forum rules. (link to forum rules).

Good Ideas.  +1 for the Search before asking.  Also you should add, look
in the Applications Database for known problems and workarounds.

And people is scolded when they do not follow this rules. Maybe some of this things could be done for the winehq forums, in order to avoid other people being obliged to do what Alan had to do. Maybe this is not exactly what you were talking about, I will have to change the subject or open a new thread in the forum, in that case ...

Scolding?  No, gentle reminders are best.

James