Re: Error when program tries to file report

On Jan 6, 2008 7:27 PM, James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim Hall wrote:

> Could be. Here's the info that showed up in a different window.
>
> Uploading C:\s8.IL.PDP
>    Using TCP/IP
>    PGP API Version: November 27, 1996
>    Identifying pubkey folder : C:\IDIS
>    Identifying pvtbkey folder : C:\IDIS
>    WinSock 2.0
> Connecting to IL:667

Can you connect to the IL machine from Linux/UNIX?  Can you use NSLOOKUP
(or equivilent) to lookup the IP address for this machine?  BTW, I
looked up the purpose of port 667 and this looks to be an interesting
situation (disclose, for campaign contribution disclosure).   Also, does
the IDIS subdirectory exist in the drive_c directory with files?

James McKenzie

If I did nslookup correctly this is what I got (on my computer).

nslookup IL:667
Server:         205.171.3.65
Address:        205.171.3.65#53

** server can't find IL:667: NXDOMAIN

Yes, very interesting. Highly proprietary campaign finance reporting program.

Yes the directory exists. The program works fine except for this. The user has a working DSL connection, so Wine should be happy, right? Wine version is 0.9.52.

Jim