Re: WINE, PERVASIVE and ODBC

On 4/3/07, Jeff Whiteman <jeff.whiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would download from pervasive and set up a 'toy' database, but I can't.
The company I work for is not using the most recent version of the pervasive
database.  We are using 2000i (7.x?) so using version 9.0 will not be
accurate.

Nevertheless it would still be helpful.

Anyway I am able to install pervasive using WINE.  It installs under
.wine/drive_c in PSVW folder.  Also, the data is stored on a share on a
Windows 2003 DC.  I am able to map the drive using WINE. The drive letter is
I:.  I can use the ODBC tool to make a connection to the database using the
example in the WINE documentation which involves the WINEDLLOVERRIDES
command line options.

The program I am trying to run needs to use the following command line to
run:

WINE I:\INFISY\WRUN\WRUNCBL.EXE -C  I:\INFISY\ETC\CBLCONFI.053  jb030

This program is nothing more than a terminal to collect data about jobs that
are open on the floor. So in a way it is like a terminal program with 5 or
six different prompts, nothing more.  I would attach screen shots, but I
don't know if I can do that on a list.

Thus, the program runs from the network to the station.  I can get the
program to run, Pervasive Splash screen comes up, however, when you have to
enter a company code (required by the program) it gives me an error stating
that it cannot open the file.

Try getting a log.  Run your app with
 WINEDEBUG=+odbc,+file,+text wine 'I:\INFISY\WRUN\WRUNCBL.EXE' -C
'I:\INFISY\ETC\CBLCONFI.053'  jb030 > log 2>&1
Get the app to happen again, then email me the log.

Or better yet, open a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org
and attach the log.
- Dan